Project Network Dynamics
A NIST study finds poor interoperability to be a $15.8B problem. This research examines change at network boundaries, develops strategies to enable integration, and develops tools enabling distributed design in networks.
Engineering services are rapidly globalizing. This research examines the impact on performance of globally distributing work across culturally diverse networks including the associated virtualization of the engineering workforce.
Building Network Dynamics
- 4-2013 – Congratulations to Josh Zilke for winning the 2013 Outstanding VCEMP Graduate Student Award!
- 4-2013 – CyberGRID wins Virginia Tech XCaliber Award for "innovative strategies to address distributed design problem-solving in a global context."
- 4-2013 – Seung Jeong and Andy Zelkowicz win awards at CEE Poster Day.
- 4-2013 – John Taylor awarded 2013 Dean's Faculty Fellow Award for "Extraordinary Performance in Research."
- 3-2013 – Rimas Gulbinas awarded National Science Foundation EAPSI Fellowship.
- 2-2013 – Gulbinas, Jain, Taylor and collaborators awarded $74,960 Department of Energy - Building Innovators grant.
- 10-2012 – Chinowsky, Taylor and Di Marco awarded ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering's 2012 Best Paper Award.
- News Archive